This product is for purchase by students and teachers only. You will be asked to verify your eligibility for the student/teacher price after purchase. You must obtain a serial number by submitting proof of academic eligibility to Nuance.
Comes with a high-quality analogue headset microphone.
Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13 speech recognition software lets you get more done every day on your computerquickly and accuratelyusing your voice. Its the fun, easy way to turn your spoken words into text much faster than you can type and execute simple voice commands for big productivity gains.
The fastest and most accurate way to interact with your computer
Delivers up to 99% speech recognition accuracy right out of the box
- Talk naturally at normal speeds and your words appear on screen almost instantly, enabling you to dictate documents up to three time faster than you can type
- Eliminate spelling concerns and minimise corrections
- Enjoy superior reliability and performance with Dragons strong technology foundation
Provides a personalised voice driven experience
- Delivers accurate results the more you use it
- Dragon learns words and phrases you use the most, spelling even difficult words and proper names correctly
- Optional advanced training or analysis of existing documents and emails further enhance accuracy
- Smart Format Rules let you work your way; dictate naturally and the text appears as you intended it to
- Dragon just understands you and how you speak
Performs with fast response times and minimal latency
- Talk at normal speeds and see words appear on the screen almost instantly
- Receive immediate feedback on what you say so you can check it right away
- Never lose a beat in your train of thought; Dragon captures your ideas as fast as you can speak them
Easy to get started, easy to master
Dragon makes it easy to get started with speech recognition and to become proficient quickly with regular use. Its also simple to explore more advanced features that can boost your productivity even further.
- Fast, easy set-up gets you using speech recognition in no time
- Helpful tutorials make it easy to become productive right away
- An intuitive design provides easy access to a rich and powerful feature set so you can realise ever-increasing productivity gains
Use your voice to dictate documents or enter text anywhere you normally type
Dragon eliminates barriers to productivity and creativity by letting you interact with your computer by voice. It turns your spoken thoughts into text and your voice commands into action so you dont have to worry about the mechanics of typing and spelling.
- Think out loud
- Overcome writers block
- Express yourself more creatively
- Avoid spelling errors
- Capture ideas up to three times faster than typing
- Multitask thanks to hands-free interaction
- Enter text quickly in forms, chats, social media, blogs and more
Edit and format documents all by voice
Dragon not only lets you dictate up to three times faster than typing, but it also allows you to select text, make edits and apply formatting using your voice to make easy work of document creation. You can select text and apply formatting such as bold, underline, capitals and more, or just speak to make needed changes. Smart Format Rules automatically adapt to how you want abbreviations, numbers and more to appear, so you dont have to correct them every time.
- Make edits and format text quickly much faster than using your mouse to select text and the keyboard to type in changes
- Automatically format text to appear the way you want it to every time
- Easily switch between typing and voice so you can use the mode of input you prefer for any given task
Command and control your computer all by voice
Launch applications, select menu items, execute key functions, switch windows, search the Web, create and send emails and more all by voice. It gives you the flexibility to:
- Work hands-free, if desired
- Experience more ergonomic comfort when working on your PC
- Feel less stress and strain on your body
- Multitask by using your voice to dictate and execute commands
Enjoy superior voice command and control in many popular applications
Dragon gives you robust voice command and control as well as Full Text Control (full voice-driven editing and command capabilities) within many popular applications you use every day, enabling you to create documents and zip through computer tasks in record time. These capabilities are available for:
- Microsoft Word 2010 & 2013, Microsoft Outlook 2010 & 2013, WordPerfect X6 & X7, Notepad and more
- Outlook 2010 & 2013
- Gmail, Outlook.com, and Yahoo Mail, within Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome
- Excel and PowerPoint 2010 & 2013
Choose your microphone option for freedom and flexibility
With automatic microphone detection, Dragon will conveniently show you which microphones are available for you to use. With Dragon you can also use multiple audio device types within the same profile, meaning that you can easily switch to another microphone while keeping all your personalised preferences for accuracy and formatting. This is useful if, for example, you use a USB mic at home, a wireless mic at school, and your laptops built-in mic when youre on the go. You have the option to use:
- The included Nuance approved microphone
- Microphones built into many of the latest laptops; youre now free to dictate documents and speak commands directly into your laptop without using a headset for optimal flexibility and convenience
- Wireless Bluetooth mic; Use a Nuance certified Bluetooth headset microphone for outstanding wireless performance and the freedom to move while working on your computer
- Any other Nuance approved microphone. See support.nuance.com/compatibility for more information.
Dictate on the go, then transcribe your recordings
Record notes anywhere, anytime while they are still fresh in your mind to produce more detailed reports, papers, proposals, meeting minutes and more. Dragon Premium edition and up support a Nuance approved digital voice recorder for advanced recording functionality or the free Dragon Recorder app on your compatible iOS device. Dragon will automatically transcribe the audio files to text back at your PC.
Import/export custom word lists
Dragon Premiums vocabulary editor makes it easy to personalise your vocabulary to include acronyms, proper names and other unique or business specific phrases that you frequently use for increased recognition accuracy and fewer corrections. In addition, the ability to import and export you custom word lists enables you to share with peers or co-workers who use the same unique terminology.
Create custom voice commands for inserting frequently used text and graphics
With Dragon Premium edition and up, its quick and simple to create custom voice commands to quickly insert frequently used text and graphics. This feature lets you insert email signatures, logos, graphics, boilerplate text and more just by speaking a simple command for significant time savings.
Natural sounding text-to-speech or audio playback of your own dictation
Dragons text-to-speech capability is a natural sounding synthesised voice that reads designated text to you, thereby simplifying proofreading and supporting new levels of multi-tasking. With Dragon Premium edition and up, you can also listen to audio playback of your own dictation with the associated text highlighted on the screen.
RAM: Minimum 2 GB for 32-bit Windows 7, 8 & 10; 4 GB for 64-bit Windows 7, 8 & 10 and Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012
CPU: Minimum 2.2 GHz Intel dual core or equivalent AMD processor. Faster processors yield faster performance.
Free hard disk space: 4 GB
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8 and 10 32-bit and 64-bit; Windows Server 2008 R2; Windows Server 2012
Internet Explorer 9 or higher or the current version of Chrome or Firefox for Online Help
A sound card supporting 16-bit recording
A DVD-ROM drive for installation
An Internet connection for automatic product activation (a quick anonymous process)
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Student Discounts users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.