Excel Advanced Skills: Spelling and Vocabulary Workbook Year 6 is about words: what they mean and how to spell them. The best way to learn new spellings is the LOOK-SAY-COVER-WRITE-CHECK method. It gives you strategies to learn new words and lots of practice in using these strategies. By the end of the book, you'll feel more confident attempting and learning new spellings and working out the meanings of new words.
Spelling is all about sounds and how we write them. Spelling is not something to worry about because it is something that can be learned. There are spelling rules and patterns that you can learn. This book will show you some of these patterns and teach you some of these rules. It will even teach you clever tricks to help you remember long words and words that don't fit the rules.
In this book you will find:
- 20 self-contained units of work, each with a different theme
- Topic spelling lists with 22 words
- Spelling lists focusing on common patterns
- Killer words and tips to remember them
- Practical spelling strategies
- Activities to practise and improve spelling
- Strategies to expand students knowledge about words and their meanings, and a variety of practice activities
- Activities which encourage students to use context when reading to develop their word power
- Engaging and relevant writing tasks
- 4 comprehensive spelling review units
- Answers to all questions.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Student Discounts users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.